The renowned Nasiyan Jain Temple is to be found at Prithviraj Marg in Ajmer, Rajasthan. After the temples of Ranakpur and Mount Abu, Nasiyan temple is regarded as one of the best Jain temples in Rajasthan. Built in 1865, Nasiyan Temple is also known as Lal Mandir (Red Temple). Centrally located in Ajmer, the temple can be reached easily from anywhere in Rajasthan. Nasiyan Digambar Jain Temple is dedicated to Lord Adinath, the first Jain 'tirthankara'.
The two-storied structure of Nasiyan Temple is divided into two parts, where one is the worship area comprising the idol of Lord Adinath and the second is the museum including a hall. The museum hall gets the major attention due to its mind blowing interiors made up in gold. This exquisite museum depicts the five stages (Panch Kalyanak) in the life of Lord Adinath, in the stature of statues. With the dimensions of 40 x 80 feet, the hall is adorned with Belgium stain glass, mineral color paintings and stain glasswork.
The astonishing and inimitable display of the shrine, made it to be recognized, as the Golden Temple (Swarna Mandir). The focal hall is made surprisingly beautiful with gold and silver decorations. Digambar Jain Temple displays marvelous wooden gild representations, glass engravings and paintings, recounting the conviction of the Jainism with reference to the making of the world. Festooned by precious stones, gold and silver work, the place is also termed as Soni Ji Ki Nasiyan.
The celestial appearance of the temple creates a kind of divine aura that appeals to the mind of pilgrims and devotees. In the inner prayer chamber, small silver balls hanging from the ceiling absolutely enthrall the onlooker. The posh interiors of the temple boast of the aesthetic and rich taste of the Digambar Jains. In the vein of other Jain architecture, Nasiyan Temple has high fortifications encircling the temple complex. Jain Temple receives devotees, who come to pay their homage to Lord Adinath, from all over India.
Location : At Prithviraj Marg, Ajmer, Rajasthan
Built in : 1865
Dedicated to : Lord Adinath
Attraction : Museum with gilded sculptures